The Brown Canyon Ranch is a former cattle ranch located outside of Sierra Vista, Arizona. In the late 1800s, John Thomas Brown founded the ranch, though the house on it wasn’t built until 1907 by its new owners, James and Tom Havetry. Following the Havetry’s, the Brown Canyon Ranch went through a succession of owners until the USDA Forest Service acquired it in a 1998 land exchange, making it part of the Coronado National Forest. Visitors to the Coronado National Forest can tour the ranch house, the corrals, and the storeroom and walk on the National Forest’s trails beginning at the property. Children may also participate in the Western Heritage Program, which teaches local history and ranching skills and traditions like roping, branding, and cowboy poetry.