The Metropolitan Club is a social club located in New York City, NY. It was founded in 1891 by leading New Yorkers, such as William K. Vanderbilt, William C. Whitney, and J.P. Morgan, who served as the club’s first president. On March 25, the club secured its membership and financing; the clubhouse was built three years later. The original clubhouse was on 5th Avenue, though the club moved to a new location after the Duchess of Marlborough. Today, the Metropolitan Club is located on East Sixteenth Street, and it is used to host weddings, galas, and other events.