The Consolidated B-24J Liberator is a World War II-era aircraft built by the Consolidated Aircraft Company in 1944. This plane entered service in October of 1944, and it was transferred to the Royal Air Force. It served in the Pacific Theater, bombing Japanese cargo ships and resupplying resistance forces. Following World War II, the British abandoned it in an airplane graveyard. However, in 1981, Dr. Robert F. Collins purchased the aircraft and restored it to flying condition. The Consolidated B-24J Liberator currently tours the country as part of the Wings of Freedom Tour. The Collins Foundation was founded in 1979 as a living history museum to teach Americans history by allowing visitors to participate actively. The foundation tries to teach history through the Wings of Freedom Tour, an airshow that displays World War II aircraft. Over 3.5 million people have watched the Wings of Freedom Tour. The Collins Foundation also celebrates Vietnam history through the Vietnam Memorial Flight of Vietnam-era aircraft.