Museum Of Cornish Life

The collection of the Museum of Cornish life began in 1937 through the Old Cornwall Society, and presented in the Guildhall numerous times before the museum’s official opening. The Museum building was initially the town’s Market House in 1837 serving as two buildings, one for butter and eggs and the other as the meat market. The Museum of Cornish Life opened in its current building in 1949, run by South Kerrier District Council and Cornwall Council. In August 2013, the Museum of Cornish Life’s management was taken over by South Kerrier Heritage Trust.