The 17th Century English Village at Plimouth Plantation is a re-creation of the small farming and maritime community that was built by the Pilgrims along the shore of Plymouth Harbor. Throughout the village, modest timber-framed houses, furnished with reproductions of the types of objects that were owned by colonists, line the dirt roads of the village along with kitchen gardens, and heritage breeds livestock. The Pilgrim villager homes bring the story of one of America’s first settlements to life by telling the stories of the first settlers as well as the indegineous Wampanoag Natives. Pilmouth Plantation was founded by history enthusiast and Boston stockbroker Henry Hornblower II in 1947. The plantation housed two English cottages and a fort on Plymouth’s waterfront. The 17th Century English Village was created in 1959, followed by the Wampanoag Homesite in 1973. The sites follow the theme years of 1967 at Plimouth and 1620 for the Pilgrims on the Mayflower II.