The Perranuthnoe Church is a Cornish church that is dedicated to St.Piran and St. Michael. Perranuthnoe Church is one of three in Cornwall dedicated to St. Piran, and St. Michael became a patron saint much later. It is believed that the church started as a two cell building with only a chancel and nave. The church was first mentioned in 1348, but the first rector was named in 1277. One of the most distinguished Rectors was Sir Michael Tregorra, who was instituted on September 21, 1427. After leaving Perranuthnoe Church, he became the chaplain to Henry VI, and the first rector of the University of Caen. The church houses numerous historical features such as a granite figure of St James the Great from a chapel at Goldsithney.