The Old Salem Tavern was originally built in 1816 as an annex to the 1784 Tavern, but it is now a part of the Old Salem Museum and Gardens in Winston Salem, North Carolina. The Keiper family bought the Old Salem Tavern from owner Gail Winston in 2012. Inside the restaurant, there are featured dishes that are inspired by Moravian families who lived in Salem in the 19th century. The tavern was once opened to the public and served locally farmed food, craft and draft beers, wine and mixed drinks. The Old Salem Tavern closed on November 29, 2019 due to numerous road closures in the area that affected business.