St. Buryan Church was established in the 15th century in Cornwall, England, succeeding three churches that were built throughout various time periods. Originally, the first church was St. Buriana in the 5th century. Nothing remains today of the oratory besides an erected cross that marks the ground, but the King Athelstan Church was built in its place centuries later. King Athelstan’s 10th century church was rebuilt in the 13th century under the consecration of Bishop Briwire on August 26, 1238. The rebuilt church lasted two hundred years, but the building had fallen into a deplorable state by 1473 because of the absence of a dean and prebends. Today’s church was erected in the 15th century, however, numerous sections of the church were built in different years. St. Buryan Church was first restored in 1815 followed by another restoration in 1874. It is the largest of three churches in the Lands End Benefice, the most South Westerly cluster of churches in the country. The earliest feature of the church is a Romanesque or Norman pillar that is believed to indicate a long lost aisle or adjoining chapel.