The Steinert Hall was originally established in 1896 in the city of Boston, Massachusetts by a German immigrant family residing under their M. Steinert and Sons piano store. The concert hall was opened as a space where the ground floor piano store could show off their commodities. The site became notorious due to its almost perfect acoustics; this managed for the hall to earn the nickname “Little Jewel.” The Steinert Hall was closed in 1942 after the city issued new fire codes as a result of the Cocoanut Grover nightclub fire. The Cocoanut Grover fire occurred on November 29, 1942, killing 492 people after a busboy struck a match causing decorations to catch on fire. The Steinert Hall fell into disrepair and became abandoned. While this site has remained untouched, the memories and legacy of the concert hall remain.