The Palm Restaurant became a fantastic reality in 1926 when Pio Bozzi and John Ganzi opened the first Palm in New York City. It was opened on Second Avenue, a bustling Italian neighborhood, after the two arrived from Parma, Italy. The restaurant quickly took off as a prime location for local journalists and artists. Soon the Palm would become the ideal restaurant due to their famous steak and lobsters. Over many decades of the late 20th century into the 21st century, later generations of the Bozzi and Ganzi families expanded the restaurant into a chain resulting in numerous locations around the world including Boston, Washington D.C, and Mexico City.