Built in 1868, the Thomas Boggs House became a part of the Boggsville Historic Site in 1975. The home was owned by trader Thomas O. Boggs, founder of the agricultural community of Boggsville in 1866. Boggsville became the first community of its kind in Bent County and earliest in Colorado. Boggs first came to the region in 1840 where he worked at Bent’s Old Fort as a trader for six years. Once he moved to the region, Boggs started raising crops and livestock to see the army stationed at Fort Lyons. Over the years, Boggs developed the community of Boggsville by building homes, stores, and a school.