Constructed in 1866, the William G. LeDuc house served as the Leduc family home since 1865 after LeDuc served as Quartermaster in the Civil War. William and Mary LeDuc moved to the area with their two daughters where they acquired two wheat farms and 160 acres. The original design of the home came from Andrew Jackson Downing’s 1852 book Cottage Residences; the style is considered to represent the Gothic Revival look. The home was purchased by family friend Carroll Simmons in 1940 for his antique business. Simmons donated the home to the Minnesota Historical Society in 1958, however, the site was opened to the public on May 22, 2005.